Urged by a friend in San Francisco, I conceived mango&lime in August 2006 as a place to share recipes, restaurants, events and everything food with friends, family and whoever else was interested.
Food had been a passion of mine for some time. I’m not quite sure how it started or when, but it was there and it needed an outlet. And so this blog began. It’s changed over the years and has a little bit of everything, recipes, events, interviews and chronicles of my restaurant experiences.
I’m not a professional cook (despite a brief stint in culinary school) nor a critic, but I am an enthusiast, curious about tasting, and eager to learn and experiment. That’s what this space was created for, to chronicle where my curiosity leads me, and in the process share experiences and stories.
My playground is Miami, the city I live in, a city that like many of my favorite dishes is a fusion of cultures, colors and tastes.
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoy writing in it.
You may have seen mango&lime in …
- WLRN Miami Herald News, Celebrated chef Norman Van Aken returns to Miami (audio file)
- New York Times Style Magazine, Winter 2009 Travel Issue
- Saveur’s “Sites We Love”
- Lonely Planet Miami & The Keys City Guide – Internet Resources (pdf)
- The Miami Herald – The plugged-in palate: Our online dining community, February 7, 2008
- Citilink (now Metromix), October 31, 2007