I’ve spent quite a bit of time in the past two weekends making some changes to mango&lime that, I hope, will make it a little better.
First, if you really, really want one more daily email delivered to your inbox, I’ve added a box in the sidebar where you can sign up to have mango&lime posts emailed to you. If you’d prefer not adding to your email bombardment, just keep on visiting.
Second, I played around a little with my post categories. With a little help I got to work. Many of my categories remained, albeit with slightly different names. Some stayed the same but I narrowed their focus a little. Here’s how it stands:
- Bookshelf – Cookbooks, magazines and other delectable reads.
- Guides and tips – Self-explanatory.
- Miami – About the city and its food staples (be it a market or an event).
- News nuggets – Food news.
- On the road - Eats during my travels.
- People in food - Chefs, bakers, celebrities, authors …
- Recipes – Need I say more?
- Restaurants – Ditto.
- Savory events - Cooking classes, restaurant promotions, food festivals and more.
- Shopping – Farmer’s markets, gourmet stores, chocolate stores and products I like …
- Street food - Food trucks, food stands, etc.
- Table talk – My thoughts, reflections, musings, rants …
- Web Finds - Interesting food websites, links, etc.
These are just two of eight changes I’m hoping to make to mango&lime in the coming weeks. Constructive criticism always welcome.
Update: I forgot to mention that I also added “Email this,” “save to del.ic.ious” and “add to Facebook” functions for each post.
[tags] blogging, blog categories [/tags]