It’s been a year.
Reading my first post last night, I giggled a little, remembering my beginnings in the blogosphere. It all happened almost by chance. An email from a friend planted the seed in my head. I hesitated but when I realized there were few, if not any, food blogs in Miami, I took the plunge.
It hasn’t been all smooth. I’ve had my hiatuses, times when I just haven’t been able to keep up. There have been some identity crises when I can’t seem to decide what I want this blog to be about. Is it reviews? Myself? Food as ritual, as I wrote on that first post?
But if there’s one thing I’ve learned in this year of blogging, it’s that I shouldn’t worry so much about what mango&lime is and isn’t. Going with the flow has turned out to be much more productive than trying to give it a set direction. And the truth is the main reason I started this was myself, and I think my little blog has succeeded in helping me:
- Keep my sanity
- Connect with lots of people
- Improve my writing
- Have the perfect excuse for eating out — a lot
- Put on a few pounds
I tried unsuccessfully to bake mango&lime a mango upside-down cake on Sunday. Let’s just say the cake turned out the thickness of pizza crust. It tasted fantastic especially the next day but I couldn’t bring myself to display my pan-cake on this occasion, so I’ll just leave you with my 2006-2007 favorite mango&lime moments:
1. m&l goes to the market for its first food blogging event
2. m&l attempts humor as guest blogger on “Klotz” as in “Blood” during Miami’s cross-blogination
3. birthday eats around Miami (that’s my birthday we were celebrating)
4. m&l takes a trip to Homestead for Rib Fest
5. m&l goes ghetto
6. m&l hosts guest “15 wines under $15” guide
7. m&l goes fishing. Ok, not really … goes to the fish market
8. m&l has its cake and eats it too
Thank you for reading!
[tags] mango&lime, food blogs, blogging, birthday, miami blogs [/tags]